Follow these simple rules to maximise scented candle performance & burn time:
Ensure that the liquid wax pool reaches all edges of the vessel to avoid tunnelling. Burn for a minimum of 3-4 hours at a time to maintain an even wax pool and achieve optimal scent throw.
Centre the wick after each burn whilst the wax is still pliable. Always allow wax to cool and solidify completely before the next burn. Trim wicks to approximately 0.5 cm and remove foreign debris and wick trimmings before relighting. Once there's only 1cm of wax left in the vessel, it's time to blow out your candle for good.
Have a burning candle question? Here's more info:
1. How long do your candles last?
The estimated burn for each candle is listed on the bottom of each product page. Our signature wax blend & carefully selected wicks offer a generous burn time, when the candles are used correctly. Trim & centre wicks, stick to burn time limits & keep out of draughts for best results.
2. How strong is the scent in your candles?
The short answer is: strong. The longer answer needs more explanation.
1. We load our candles with maximum fine fragrance oil. Our proprietary wax blend & wick selection is also optimised for scent throw.
2. The larger the candle, the stronger the scent throw. Larger candles will produce more heat & give off scent that fills a larger surrounding area.
3. Give the candle some time. Burning a scented candle in short spurts (an hour or less) will not yield much scent (it will also create tunnelling & reduce the overall lifespan of the candle). In order for the fragrance oil to diffuse into the air, the wax pool needs to liquify and become hot enough to release a fine steam, carrying fragrance particles into the surrounding area. This means 2-4 hour burn times for best results. Scent will be optimal around the 1.5 - 2 hour mark.
4. The space you are burning in will make a big difference to scent. A larger, open plan space will require more scent than a small, closed in space for the scent to be easily discernible.
5. Scent fatigue is a real thing. Once you become accustom to a scent in your space, it may become less & less obvious over time. Burning an alternative scent & switching it up will reduce fatigue. Getting some fresh air in another space will also help.
3. Do you offer candle refills?
Yes, we do. We offer solid refill inserts for WICK glass & crystal candles. Buy these online here.
4. My new candle has an uneven white film on the surface. What is this?
This is called frosting & it's a common occurrence. While it might look a little different, it has no effect whatsoever on the performance of the candle. It will disappear as soon as the wax starts melting. You'll notice this happen more in colder months as it's a natural, unavoidable reaction to temperature change.
5. My new candle looks uneven in the glass. What's going on?
Again, this is a natural reaction of wax to temperature change. We call this a "wet spot". While it might leave a visible patch against the glass, it's very minor and will not affect the performance of a candle. It occurs less in warmer months & can improve or correct once burning.