Follow these guidelines to maximise scented candle performance, burn time, and safety.
Scented candles should be stored in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight. Temperature fluctuations, humidity and UV light can degrade product ingredients and cause discolouration.
Burn for 2-4 hours at a time to maintain an even wax pool, achieve optimal scent throw and avoid tunneling.
Centre the wick after each burn whilst wax is still pliable. Allow wax to cool and solidify completely before relighting.
Trim wicks to approximately 0.5 cm and remove foreign debris and wick trimmings before burning. This will reduce sooting & improve overall burn time. Never exceed 4 hours of burning on a standard size candle. Smaller votive candles should not be burnt for longer than 2-3 hours.
Remove all outer packaging before lighting. Place on a heat resistant surface, away from draughts and flammable material. Always burn candle within sight. Keep away from children & animals. Never move a lit candle. Snuff, do not blow out a burning candle. Do not burn the last 1-1.5cm of wax. This can cause the glass to crack from excessive heat. Trim wicks to 0.5cm before burning to avoid sooting & overheating. Never exceed 4 hours of burn time.
1. HOW LONG DO YOUR CANDLES LAST?
The estimated burn for each candle is listed on the bottom of each product page. Our signature wax blend and carefully selected wicks offer a generous burn time when the candles are used correctly. Trim & centre wicks, stick to burn time limits & keep out of draughts for best results.
2. HOW STRONG IS THE SCENT?
The short answer is: strong. The longer answer needs more explanation.
- Our proprietary wax, fine fragrance & wick combination are optimised for maximum scent throw.
- The larger the candle, the stronger the scent throw. Larger candles with multiple wicks, produce more heat & will give off a more robust scent throw than smaller candles with a single wick.
- If you're looking for strong, consistent scent throw that fills a room, work on one standard (200 g) candle per 10 sqm of room space. You can burn fewer candles if you prefer more subtle scent. Large, open-plan areas with double volume ceilings will require multiple larger candles to produce notable scent.
- Give the candle enough time. Burning a scented candle in short spurts (an hour or less) will not yield much scent. It will also create tunnelling & reduce the overall lifespan of the candle. In order for the fragrance oil to diffuse into the air, the wax pool needs to liquify and become hot enough to release a fine steam, carrying fragrance particles into the surrounding area. This means 2-4 hour burn times for best results. Scent will be optimal around the 1- 2 hour mark.
- Scent fatigue is a real thing. Once you become accustom to a scent in your space, it may become less obvious over time. Burning an alternative scent & switching it up will reduce fatigue. Getting some fresh air will also help.
3. DO YOU OFFER CANDLE REFILLS?
Yes, we do. We offer solid refill inserts for WICK glass & crystal candles. Shop candle refills online here.
4. MY NEW CANDLE LOOKS UNEVEN INSIDE THE GLASS. IS THIS A DEFECT?
This is a natural reaction of wax to temperature change and not a product defect. We call this a "wet spot". It may leave a visible patch against the glass, but it is purely cosmetic and will not affect the performance of a candle. It occurs less in warmer months & is almost inevitable during winter months. It often improves or corrects once burning, or when the outside environment warms up again and the wax expands.
4. WHAT HAPPENS IF I EXCEED THE RECOMMENDED BURN TIME?
Never burn a candle for longer than 4 hours. The excessive heat created by elongated wicks is a safety hazard. Exceeding the burn time limit will result in excessive consumption of wax and fragrance, reducing the overall burn time and scent throw of the candle. Burning over the recommended time can crack the glass. Burning below 1-1.5 cm of wax can also create excessive heat, causing the glass to crack.
If you have any furthers questions about our candles, please feel free to contact thecustomer team who would be delighted to assist: firstname.lastname@example.org